Vanessa Ruiz – Patients’ Use of Natural and Alternative Treatments to Manage Chronic Disease: Emerging Trends in Healthcare
Courses Content :
- Vanessa Ruiz
- 6 Hours 15 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 28, 2019
|Manual – Patients’ Use of Natural and Alternative Treatments (1.5 MB)||45 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) Certificate Instructions (163.1 KB)||Available after Purchase|
Emerging Trends in Healthcare: Natural and Alternative Medicine
- Making the case for natural medicine: When it’s effective; when it’s not
- Explore different alternative modalities
- Water therapy and energetic therapies
- Vitamins as cofactors for biochemical pathways
- Why minerals are important to therapeutic protocols
Explore Evidence-Based Natural Management of Common Illnesses
- Diabetes: Optimal diets and supplements for reducing HgBA1c
- Arthritis: Management of chronic pain through physical medicine, water therapy, nutrition, herbs and vitamins
- Hypertension and Congestive Heart Failure: Explore nutritional protocols, exercises and herbal supplementation to be considered in the treatment plan
- Hypothyroidism: How nutrition, lifestyle factors, vitamin and herbal interventions can optimize thyroid hormone function
- Insomnia: Improve sleep duration and quality through vitamin/herbal supplementation
- Herbal/vitamin side effects with commonly used sedatives
- Cancer: Supplements to avoid when a patient is on chemotherapy and interventions to minimize side effects of chemotherapy
- Asthma: Nutritional and herbal interventions to minimize asthma exacerbations
- Common Colds/Influenza: Analyze herbal supplements that minimize symptoms, boost immune system and reduce duration of colds
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Explore optimal diets, herbs and vitamins to manage IBS
- Depression/Anxiety: How to manage mood through nutrition and herbal interventions
- Hypercholesteremia: Nutritional protocols and supplements to minimize LDL/VLDL and maximize HDL.
- Which supplements interact with commonly-prescribed medications.
- Surgical Management: Which herbs/vitamins to avoid pre/post-surgery and interventions to optimize surgical healing
Furthering Your Education on Natural Medicine
- Supplementation: Why quality matters
- Continuing education: Best educational resources to learn more about natural medicine
- Incorporating natural therapies into your own life
- Understanding scope of practice and safely practicing using natural therapies
Vanessa Ruiz, ND, RN-BSN Related seminars and products: 4
Vanessa Ruiz is a naturopathic physician and registered nurse. She utilizes natural therapies in an integrative setting at Integrative Mental Health Center in Scottsdale, Arizona. Dr. Ruiz specializes in natural therapies for both behavioral health and medical conditions. She earned her doctorate of naturopathic medicine at Southwest College in Tempe, Arizona, and her nursing degree from Stony Brook University, New York.
She has been featured in YRM Podcast and the “Dig Deep Documentary”. She has been a practicing nurse for over 10 years, in the areas of pediatrics, geriatrics and global health. She is the founder of Nurses for Natural Health, an organization dedicated to educating and empowering nurses in natural health. In her spare time, she volunteers for the Medical Reserve Corps of New York, Naturopaths without Borders and Homeopaths without Borders.
Financial: Vanessa Ruiz is a physician at Enliven Mental Health Center. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Vanessa Ruiz is a member of the Psych ANP.