Susan Heitler – Anxiety: New Intervention Strategies for Rapid and Effective Outcomes
Courses Content :
- Susan Heitler
- 6 Hours 12 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- May 11, 2017
- Why Prescriptions Without Pills™?
- Common anxiety medications
- Downsides of medication treatments
- Research Review
- Conflict Resolution Theory: An Integrative Therapy Approach
- 5 responses to conflict and the emotional states that they lead to
- The role of anxiety in emotional health, psychopathology and psychotherapy
- Practice session: Problem-solving with the 3 steps of the Win-Win Waltz
- Situational Anxiety
- Visualization – locate anxiety in the body, assess intensity and access subconscious concerns
- Keys to success with visualization techniques
- The 3-Steps basic anxiety treatment formula
- Practice Session: The 3-Steps formula
- PTSD, Phobias, Social Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Mindfulness, distraction and problem solving: When to use each
- Role play: 5 visualization techniques
- Acupoint tapping (EFT) for repeated episodic anxiety
- Case study: The Butterfly Thought technique for managing panic attacks
- Practice session: Acupoint tapping and treating panic attacks
- Anticipatory Anxieties: Worry and Performance Anxiety
- The CBT No-Fly List
- How is worrying learned?
- CBT for performance anxiety
- Practice session: Thought replacement visualization for worry
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) Visualization Techniques:
- Do or Become
- Best Possible Light
- That was Then, This is Now
- 6 Steps
- Video study: The Spinning Technique
- Practice session: Role play visualization techniques
- Video study: Reducing amygdala hyper-reactivity
- Tension = Interpersonal Anxiety
- The circle of skills for relieving relationship anxiety
- Mind-reading and cross-overs versus how and what questions
- Six sentence starters for calm and collaborative dialogue
- Chronic anxiety as an indicator of domestic abuse
- Practice session: The 6 Sentence Starters
- Treatment-Resistant Anxiety
- Medication/drug side effects
- Medical issues to get evaluated
Susan Heitler, Ph.D. Related seminars and products: 1
Susan Heitler, Ph.D., is a graduate of Harvard and NYU. She practices as a Denver clinical psychologist and is the author of Prescriptions Without Pills®: For Relief from Depression, Anger, Anxiety and More. Dr. Heitler specializes in rapid alleviation of anxiety, depression, and marriage difficulties, plus anger and general emotional distress. Her treatment methods focus on helping to resolve the underlying problems that trigger distress. Dr. Heitler’s psychologytoday.com blogposts have received over 9 million views.
Dr. Heitler’s other books: From Conflict to Resolution, The Power of Two, and The Power of Two Workbook set forth an integrative perspective on the causes and cures of emotional distress and clarify the collaborative communication skills that sustain good feelings. Her books have been translated into six foreign languages.
Dr. Heitler has taught workshops on her treatment techniques for organizations across the US, as well as in Europe, Turkey, the Middle East (UAE, Israel, and Lebanon), Australia and China.
Financial: Susan Heitler is in private practice. She is an author for Morgan James Publishing, New Harbinger Publications, and W.W. Norton & Company and receives royalties. Dr. Heitler receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Susan Heitler has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.