Sandra Brown, Claudia Paradise, William P Brennan – Narcissistic and Psychopathic Abuse: The Clinicians’ Guide to the New Field of Traumatic Pathological Love Relationships
Courses Content :
- Sandra Brown | Claudia Paradise | William P Brennan
- 6 Hours 29 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jan 15, 2021
|Manual – Narcissistic and Psychopathic Abuse (8.6 MB)||302 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Pathological Love Relationships
- Pathological Love Relationship (PLR) definition
- PLR theory and its influences from other fields and disciplines
- Differentiating these relationships and abusers from others
- Research and treatment limitations
Personality Disorders and Their Application to Pathological Love Relationships
- How to spot a Pathological Love Relationship
- Identifying Pathological Love Relationships through personality and personality disorders
- The DSM Alternative Model about personality disorders and interpersonal risk
- Significance of partner pathology as ‘pervasive’ and the relevance to survivor’s understanding
- Problems identifying Pathological Love Relationships
- How to identify relational pathology from the DSM-5 four impairments
Relational Dynamics and Stages of PLRs
- DSM descriptions used as one of the identifiers in spotting a Pathological Love Relationship
- Stages of Pathological Love Relationships
- Pre-Stage— trolling, luring and predatory targeting tactics
- Early Stage— manufactured intensity and reflective relational tactics
- Mid-Phase —when the mask slips
- End relationship dynamics
Survivor Personalities and Targeted Traits:
Critical Considerations for Prevention, Intervention, and Treatment
- Who these survivors are NOT
- Survivor personality super trait elevations and its importance in targeting and recovery
- Agreeableness and cooperation: the relationship investment trait
- Conscientiousness and self-directedness: the integrity-oriented life traits
- Misidentification/misdiagnosis of personality ‘Super Traits’
- Codependency, dependent PD, borderline PD, empaths
Trauma Symptoms and the Aftermath of Narcissistic Abuse:
Atypical Presentations of Trauma and Keys to Treating the Survivor
- How these survivor’s symptoms can be different
- ‘Atypical’ trauma and misdiagnosis
- Cognitive dissonance and its presentation in survivors
- Difference in chronic and persistent CD— not your college understanding
- Cognitive dissonance and its connection to PTSD intensification
- Trauma treatment and further treatment issues
Sandra Brown, MA Related seminars and products: 1
Sandra L. Brown, MA has worked with narcissistic abuse survivors for over 30 years is often referred to as the pioneer in the field of pathological love relationships (relationships with partners who have narcissism or psychopathy). Her seminal work and research helped launch the ‘Narcissistic and Psychopathic Abuse’ field.? She is an author of hundreds of articles for survivors on narcissistic abuse and her books include the highly popular How to Spot a Dangerous Man Before You Get Involved (Hunter House, 2005), the award winning Women Who Love Psychopaths: Inside the Relationships of Inevitable Harm With Psychopaths, Sociopaths & Narcissists (Mask Publishing, 2018), as well as the clinically relevant Counseling Victims of Violence (American Counseling Association, 1991). She is the current president of The Association for NPD/Psychopathy Survivor Treatment, Research & Education, and the CEO of The Institute for Relational Harm Reduction and Public Pathology Education.
Financial: Sandra Brown is the director of The Institute for Relational Harm Reduction& Public Pathology Education. She is the president of The Association for NPD/Psychopathy Survivor Treatment, Research & Education. Ms. Brown is an author and receives royalties. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Sandra Brown has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Claudia Paradise, LCSW-R Related seminars and products: 1
Claudia Paradise, LCSW-R has been in private practice since 1995 and specializes in in Cluster B Personality Disorders and relationship abuse. She is an analytically trained, psychodynamic psychotherapist, who also integrates CBT, DBT & EMDR into her work with adults, couples, and children.
Claudia is a board member of the Association for NPD/Psychopathy Survivor Treatment, Research & Education and serves on the executive committee of The Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy’s Center for the Study of Anorexia and Bulimia. In addition to her writing and public speaking on the wide-reaching effects of narcissism and sociopathy on the individual, the family, and the environment she also provides supervision and teaches professionals at an institute level on the treatment, and prevention of self-harm and narcissistic abuse. Claudia earned her MSW in Clinical Social Work from the NYU Silver School of Social Work.
Financial: Claudia Paradise is on the advisory board for the Association for NPD-Psychopathy Survivor Treatment. She is also a board member, teacher, and supervisor for the Center for the Study of Anorexia & Bulimia. Ms. Paradise maintains a private practice. She is a writer and clinician for LoveFraud.com. Ms. Paradise receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Claudia Paradise has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
William P Brennan, M.Ed., LMHC, CAP Related seminars and products: 1
Bill Brennan, M.Ed., LMHC, CAP is a psychotherapist who is a Certified Addictions Professional, Trauma Professional, and is EMDR certified with experience in inpatient, outpatient, and private practice levels of treatment. He has worked with survivors of Pathological Relationships for the last ten years and has co-facilitated narcissistic abuse recovery in individual, group, and retreat formats. Bill is a board member of the Association for NPD/Psychopathy Survivor Treatment, Research & Education and holds a master’s degree in Counseling Education from Florida Atlantic University.
Financial: William Brennan maintains a private practice. He is a member of the board for the Association for NPD/Psychopathy Survivor Treatment, Research & Education. Mr. Brennan receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: William Brennan has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.