Pam Collins – Critical Skills for Managing a Patient in Crisis
Courses Content :
- Pam Collins
- 5 Hours 35 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Oct 06, 2016
|Day 1 Webcast Manual (6.66 MB)||85 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Identification & Management of Crisis
- High-Risk Populations
- Impending Doom: Recognizing the Red Flags
- Critical Thinking During a Crisis
- Accurate Interpretation of Vital Signs & Oxygenation
- Fluid & Electrolyte Disturbances
- Neuro Assessment: Critical Indicators
- Stroke Emergencies: TIA vs. Ischemic vs. Hemorrhagic
- Symptoms & Recognition
- Management: Emergent vs. Non-emergent
- Early Signs of Increased Intracranial Pressure
- Abdominal Assessment: Critical Clues
- Abdominal Pain: What does it really mean?
- Acute Abdomen
- Ileus/Small Bowel Obstruction
- Gastrointestinal Bleed
- Acute Pancreatitis
- Action for, “I’m having chest pain”
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Angina vs. Myocardial Infarction
- Recognition & Management
- 6 Fail-Proof Steps to Rhythm Interpretation
- The Dynamics of Shock
- Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome
- SIRS Criteria
- Presentation & Management
Pam Collins has more than 30 years of extensive nursing experience which includes work as a staff and charge nurse for medical-surgical and pediatric units, nurse manager, nursing administration and nursing faculty. Pam currently works as an Independent Education and Medical-Legal Consultant, and maintains her skills by working as a Clinical Nurse Specialist for Medical- Surgical Nursing in Charlotte, NC. She maintains dual certification in medical-surgical nursing through the Academy for Medical Surgical Nurses and the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Pam also consults with Schools of Nursing for the purpose of enhancing NCLEX success rates with an emphasis on medical-surgical nursing.
Additionally, Pam has extensive experience with the legal aspects of nursing practice and documentation including providing litigation support in medical malpractice. She speaks nationally on clinical and legal topics for the healthcare professional with a passion that is evident through her energy, presentation style and ability to engage the audience. She was previously awarded the Outstanding Educator of the Year Award by the South Carolina Area Health Education Consortium.
Financial: Pam Collins is the owner of Consultation On-Call, LLC. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Pam Collins is a member of the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses.