M. Dolores Farrer – Saving the Diabetic Foot
Salepage : M. Dolores Farrer – Saving the Diabetic Foot
Courses Content :
- M. Dolores Farrer
- 5 Hours 54 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 23, 2018
- “Check out my feet” – Performing a Complete Diabetic Foot Exam
- Quick vascular exam
- Documentation tips to chart your observations, odors, and measurements
- Grading the neuropathic level
- Identify pathology that can contribute to future diabetic foot ulcers
- How Diabetes Affects the Foot
- Why do diabetics get neuropathy?
- Non-narcotic options to help with neuropathic pain
- New treatments to manage neuropathic pain
- Lab results and nutrition for healing success
- “Taking the Load Off” – Successful Ways to Off-load the Diabetic Foot Ulcer
- Simple yet effective off-loading techniques you can start doing right away – with no special equipment or expensive products
- Learn how custom orthotics can relieve pressure areas and prevent future ulcerations
- Understand biomechanics of the foot so you can guide decisions for the proper footwear
- Confused by all the different boots, walkers, and shoes? We will evaluate the most popular products on the market and you will be more confident making decisions for your patients
- What is new in the off-loading foot wear industry? A look at the “coolest” and latest products hitting the market
- “Cut it Out” – Hands-on Debridement Lab
- Want to successfully reduce a corn or callous – but afraid to cut the patient?
- Tentative about debriding that ulcer and not knowing how far to cut?
- This Hands-On lab will give you the confidence to remove any non-viable tissue or keratosis using a scalpel and tissue nipper
- Neuropathic vs. Arterial Foot Wounds
- Devise a customized treatment plan based on the unique needs of a chronic foot wound
- Participate in actual case study reviews to determine the best treatment plans
- The Psychology of Wound Healing
- Tired of repeating the same instructions only to have your patient continue to ignore your “suggestions”?
- Learn simple but effective communication techniques to encourage better adherence
- Several easy steps to promote positive change in patients’ behaviors
- “So Many Products, so Little Time” – Choosing the Proper Wound Care Dressings
- We are inundated with so many wound products and advanced dressings – how to decide?
- Does higher cost truly drive better outcomes?
- Hands-on section to evaluate some of the newer product options
M. Dolores Farrer, DPM, MBA, CWS Related seminars and products: 3
M. Dolores Farrer, DPM, MBA, CWS, is a surgically trained podiatrist involved in lower extremity wound care for over 23 years. She is board certified by the American Board of Wound Management for over 13 years.
For the past 8 years, Dr. Farrer has worked at the DORN VA Hospital in Columbia, SC providing our nation’s heroes with a comprehensive multi-specialty wound care program that has resulted in above average healing rates and decreased amputation rates. She is also Primary Investigator involved in several research projects on new technologies in wound care products.
Dr. Farrer has experience in private practice, hospital out-patient wound clinics, and nursing homes. She has spoken nationally and enjoys sharing her knowledge and experience as a wound care expert in an interactive and energetic fashion that will keep you engaged. She is a graduate of the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine and obtained her MBA in her home town of New Orleans, LA.
Financial: M. Dolores Farrer has an employment relationship with DORN VA Hospital. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: M. Dolores Farrer has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.