Kim Saunders – Intensive Skin and Wound Care Course Day 2: Mastering Advanced Wound Care
Courses Content :
- Kim Saunders
- 5 Hours 49 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 24, 2017
- Comprehensive wound problem-solving skills for the experienced wound or advanced practice clinician
- Clinical wound infection differentiation STONEES (deep infection) vs. NERDS (local infection)
- Surgical site infection prevention
- Treatment of complicated surgical wounds
- Neonatal specialized wound care
- Deep tissue injuries severity scale, predictive risk assessment tools and more
Wound care treatment in today’s healthcare environment is as challenging as ever. A wide variety of new treatment options, changing protocol guidelines and an ever-growing list of product choices can leave even those familiar with wound care questioning which path is best to follow. Attend this seminar and have those questions answered!
Attend this course and gain the advanced assessment skills and product knowledge you need to accurately match treatment plans with the presented wound care challenges. Go beyond the reach of most healthcare organizations concerning the utilization of dressings and treatment. Improve your understanding of infection control with the latest updates on drug-resistant organisms and antibiotic guidelines. Learn skills to accurately assess and manage atypical wounds, prevent and manage fistulas in large abdominal wounds, and manage complicated trunk wounds. You will be able to put that knowledge into practice as you learn how to judiciously use wound cleansers and antiseptic dressings to keep infection at bay.
By attending this seminar you will gain a wealth of knowledge in proper wound care that goes beyond the skills you learned in school. Become a powerful part of the solution and a high-valued asset for your facility by attending and taking your wound care skills beyond basic to state-of-the-art!
|Manual (28.34 MB)||125 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Core Assessment & Treatment per Etiology
- Arterial & Venous UPDATED GUIDELINES
- Pressure UPDATED GUIDELINES
- Shearing & Friction
- Surgical, Crush Injuries & Compartment Syndrome
Vasopressor Agents in the Critical Care
- Relationship to Pressure Ulcers
- Deep Tissue Injuries
- Ultrasound & DTI
- Classification of Gluteal Cleft & Buttocks Wounds
Management of Wounds of Lower-Extremity Neuropathic Disease (LEND): Executive Summary
- LEND Guideline Recommendations
- Interventions for LEND Ulcers
- Prevention & Education
- Consider Adjunctive Treatments
- Use of Leptospermum Honey
- Pectin Barrier for Skin Injury
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis
Wounds and Bacteria
- Contamination, Colonization, Critical Colonization, Biofilm, Infection
- STONEES & NERDS
- Culture Standards: Levine Swab, Tissue, Aspiration, Bone
- Perspectives in Prevention & Treatment of Surgical Site Infections
- Superficial Incision SSI
- Deep Incisional SSI
- Organ/Space SSI
Kim Saunders, MSN/ED, RN, CWON®, CFCN Related seminars and products: 12
WOC Consulting, LLC
Kim Saunders, MSN/ED, RN, CWON®, CFCN, has extensive experiences as a wound, ostomy, and continence nurse across a variety of settings, including acute care, hospice, home health and skilled nursing facilities. As a respected expert in her field, Kim evolved her practice to be able to more fully share her insights as co-owner of WOC Consulting, LLC. In this role, she consults with healthcare systems on a variety of challenges that develop related to wound, ostomy, and incontinence-associated dermatitis. Some of the special projects her knowledge has been sought for include: guiding standardization of wound care formularies and pressure-relieving device selections, as well as a myriad of other processes to standardize and improve upon existing skin and wound care delivery. Her wound care experience goes beyond trouble-shooting the most challenging of patient wounds. It also includes expertise regarding the increasingly important ability to incorporate cost-effective care and reimbursement considerations at the bedside.
Kim is an active member of the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society™ and the Advanced Wound Care Society. She has traveled the country extensively to deliver practice-changing wound care trainings to experienced healthcare professionals. Kim is also the author of the Wound Care Pocket Guide: Clinical Reference, Second Edition (PESI, 2017).
Financial: Kim Saunders has an employment relationship with Pardee Home Health and WOC Consulting. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Kim Saunders has no relevant nonfinancial relationships to disclose.