Kim Saunders – 3-Day: Advanced Wound Care Training with Hands-on Simulation
Courses Content :
- Kim Saunders
- 16 Hours 6 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Sep 11, 2018
|Manual – Advanced Wound Care (1) (38.1 MB)||197 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Manual – Advanced Wound Care (2) (51.1 MB)||179 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Full Manual – Advanced Wound Care Training (Color) (62.7 MB)||367 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Wound Tissue Assessment & Treatment
- From your assessment, determine the cause
- Considerations across the disciplines to support the healing goals
- Special consideration for tendon or bone exposure
- Tips for the non-healing tunneling/undermining wound
- What can go wrong with wound care measurements
4-Step Approach to Guide Wound Product Selection
- Wet vs. dry
- Depth vs. flat
- Antimicrobial concerns?
- Need wound barrier from incontinence?
Practice Guideline Recommendations
- Pressure injuries, shearing
- Friction, MASD, MARSI, skin tears
- Venous, arterial, neuropathic
- Surgical wounds
- When is it time for a referral?
- Documentation strategies to avoid a costly mistake
- Determine arterial insufficiency via bedside ABI
- NPWT complicated & special etiology considerations
- Staging pressure injuries, measuring, documenting, & treatment recommendations
- Compression wrapping
- Diabetic foot ulcer off-loading with pixel sole & reusable shoe
- Demonstrate pouching options for leaking tube sites & EC wound fistulas
- Case review: Critical thinking on the most challenging wounds
WOC Consulting, LLC
Kim Saunders, MSN/ED, RN, CWON®, CFCN, has extensive experiences as a wound, ostomy, and continence nurse across a variety of settings, including acute care, hospice, home health and skilled nursing facilities. As a respected expert in her field, Kim evolved her practice to be able to more fully share her insights as co-owner of WOC Consulting, LLC. In this role, she consults with healthcare systems on a variety of challenges that develop related to wound, ostomy, and incontinence-associated dermatitis. Some of the special projects her knowledge has been sought for include: guiding standardization of wound care formularies and pressure-relieving device selections, as well as a myriad of other processes to standardize and improve upon existing skin and wound care delivery. Her wound care experience goes beyond trouble-shooting the most challenging of patient wounds. It also includes expertise regarding the increasingly important ability to incorporate cost-effective care and reimbursement considerations at the bedside.
Kim is an active member of the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society™ and the Advanced Wound Care Society. She has traveled the country extensively to deliver practice-changing wound care trainings to experienced healthcare professionals. Kim is also the author of the Wound Care Pocket Guide: Clinical Reference, Second Edition (PESI, 2017).
Financial: Kim Saunders has an employment relationship with Pardee Home Health and WOC Consulting. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Kim Saunders has no relevant nonfinancial relationships to disclose.