Delores “Dolly” Ireland – Perianesthesia Challenges
Courses Content :
- Delores “Dolly” Ireland
- Full Day
- Audio and Video
- Apr 04, 2017
|Manual (3.13 MB)||55 Pages||Available after Purchase|
ANESTHESIA AGENTS & ADJUNCTSUNDERSTANDING THE PLAN!
- Ever wondered why one anesthetic is chosen over another? What about that COPD patient or that patient with liver problems? Answers to these and other challenging anesthesia situations will be discussed
- Anesthetics: General, regional, moderate sedation, benzodiazepines, opioids
- Waste gas concerns
- Specific patient challenges
- Have you witnessed or taken care of MH? Do you think it no longer exists or isn’t a medical emergency? Think again!
- Malignant Hyperthermia (MH) pathophysiology
- Signs and symptoms – Immediate recognition!
- Do you have lipid infusions immediately available when performing local anesthesia? Why?
- LAST (Local Anesthetic Systemic Toxicity) pathophysiology
- Signs and symptoms – Know the earliest!
- Learn “why” lipids and hear relevant real life case scenarios!
- Other pertinent post-op complications
- Hemodynamic, cardiac, pulmonary, respiratory
- You are being named in a medical malpractice case! What now?
- How do you prevent this from happening? What you should and shouldn’t do!
- Legalities, negligence, and torts
- Documentation – Hear from an expert witness/legal reviewer how your documentation will be viewed and how to improve it!
- ASPAN standards
- What’s new on the horizon for pain control?
- What is EBP research showing?
- New medications
- Old medications still being used
- Thinking outside the box
- Economic strategies
- Why do some departments sail through the changes in health care without problems?
- Why do some nurses tell you they LOVE to go to work and others are struggling daily?
- Learn through hands-on applications and role playing from a leader in the field of “building teams”
- Put your hospital at the TOP of the HCAHPS!
- CASE STUDIES AND SCENARIOS!
Delores “Dolly” Ireland, MSN, RN, CAPA, CPN Related seminars and products: 2
Delores “Dolly” Ireland, MSN, RN, CAPA, CPN, has over 46 years of nursing experience with 40 of those years dedicated to the specialty of perianesthesia nursing. She has provided clinical care at the bedside for pre- and post-op cases in all disciplines and has provided leadership and management within the perianesthesia specialty for over 15 years.
Ms. Ireland serves as adjunct faculty in the Nursing program at Baker College and as an expert witness and legal reviewer for perianesthesia malpractice cases. Dolly is a past president of ASPAN, the American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses and serves as a certification coach for ABPANC, the American Board of Perianesthesia Nursing Certification. She has authored leading articles in perianesthesia journals, book
chapters and association newsletters.
Dolly is a sought-after speaker, providing humor and case-based stories to emphasize content topics. She has shared her expertise on the perianesthesia specialty both nationally and internationally.
Financial: Delores (Dolly) Ireland is Lead Faculty/Area Chair, College of Nursing for University of Phoenix. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Delores (Dolly) Ireland is a member of the American Society of Perianesthesia Nurses (ASPAN).