Debra Burdick – 100 Brain-Changing Mindfulness Techniques to Integrate Into Your Clinical Practice
Courses Content :
- Debra Burdick
- 5 Hours 56 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jul 15, 2016
- What is Neuroplasticity and why do we care?
- Cutting edge research that proves
- Mindfulness changes the brain for specific disorders
Clinical Application of Mindfulness Strategies to Specific Disorders
- Calm the arousal state and relax mind and body
- Reduce anxious thoughts
- Focus on the present
- Notice and decrease negative thoughts
- Shift and improve mood state
- Increase pleasure
- Notice and calm the arousal state
- Improve ability to stay grounded in the present
- Reduce traumatic thoughts
- Abort and prevent panic attacks
- Reduce frequency and intensity of panic attacks
- Bipolar Disorder
- Increase awareness of mood state
- Stabilize mood over time
- Increase awareness of obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors
- Decrease obsessional thinking and compulsions
- Improve concentration
- Increase task completion
- Reduce hyperactivity
- Calm the arousal state
- Lower the stress response
- Increase awareness of thoughts, emotions and physical body
- Manage anger
- Reduce intensity and frequency of anger
- Accept and embrace the pain
- Relax around the pain
- Distract from pain
- Remember wellness
- Calm busy thoughts
- Relax the mind and body
- Fall asleep and stay asleep
How to Integrate Mindfulness into Clinical Practice
- Introduce Mindfulness to Clients
- How to do the exercises with your client
- Techniques to increase client use of
- Mindfulness at home
- Strategies for processing what happens with your client
- Strategies to identify and overcome obstacles and resistance
Debra Burdick, LCSW, BCN, also known as ‘The Brain Lady’, is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and a board certified neurofeedback practitioner. Debra is an international speaker and author of the best-selling books, Mindfulness Skills Workbook for Clinicians and Clients: 111 Tools, Techniques, Activities & Worksheets (PESI, 2013), Mindfulness Skills for Kids & Teens: A Workbook for Clinicians & Clients with 154 Tools, Techniques, Activities and Worksheets (PESI, 2014), ADHD: Non-Medication Treatments and Skills for Children and Teens (PESI, 2015) and Mindfulness Skills for Kids: Card Deck and 3 Card Games (PESI, 2017). She has taught mindfulness skills to her clients for over 25 years.
She recently retired from her private practice, and previously worked at the Child Guidance Clinic, Family Services, Child and Family Agency, and Lawrence and Memorial Hospital.
Debra incorporates mindfulness skills in all areas of her practice. She initially became interested in mindfulness to deal with a chronic illness (now thankfully healed). She found it so helpful in her own life that she started teaching her clients the skills she was using. She went on to develop clinical material on mindfulness skills and created a four-step process for working with clients using mindfulness that she perfected in her private practice and in an intensive outpatient program. Her clients have shown her that mindfulness skills improve the rate and quality of treatment outcomes.
Debra has presented numerous presentations, workshops, and teleseminars. She is often interviewed on Internet radio and telesummits and her work has been featured in The Day newspaper, Self-Improvement Magazine, and “Parenting Powers” television show.
Financial: Debra Burdick maintains a private practice. She is an author for Vervante publishers and receives royalties. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Debra Burdick contributes to SelfGrowth.com and receives no compensation.