Debbie Joffe Ellis – 2-Day Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) Comprehensive Course
Courses Content :
- Debbie Joffe Ellis
- 10 Hours 56 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Feb 09, 2018
|Manual – Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) (971.2 KB)||23 Pages||Available after Purchase|
REBT’s Impact on the Worlds of Psychology, Counseling, and Therapy
- Massive cognitive revolution in psychology
- History and development
- The genius of Albert Ellis, PhD
- Innovative ways of coping with challenging life experiences
What is REBT and Why is it so Beneficial for my Clients?
- Basic tenets
- Unconditional acceptance of self, others, and life
- Healthy rational thinking vs. unhealthy irrational thinking
- Healthy negative emotions vs. debilitating unhealthy emotions
- Low frustration tolerance vs. high frustration tolerance
- The ABC self-help tool
- Vigorous REBT disputing
- Benefits and importance of homework
Methods and Techniques in REBT
- Cognitive Techniques
- The ABCDE method
- Assessing cost-benefit ratio
- Distraction methods
- Emotive-Evocative Techniques
- Rational Emotive Imagery
- Shame-attacking exercises
- Coping statements
- Role play
- Behavioral Techniques
- In-Vivo Desensitization
- Relapse prevention
- Using reinforcement
- Skill training
- Application to specific mental health issues
- Addictive behaviors
- REBT in practice
- Sole approach
- Demonstration of REBT techniques – not role plays!
The Holistic and Philosophical Nature of REBT
- Mindfulness and ‘Thinking about our Thinking’
- REBT and Spirituality
- REBT and Buddhism – similarities and differences
- The heart of REBT
- Unconditional acceptance
The Effective REBT Therapist
- The importance and how-to’s of self-care
- Recommendations for greater effectiveness as a practitioner and on ourselves
- Exposing myths and misconceptions, and presenting the truths
- Unique REBT qualities which set it apart from the many cognitive approaches
- Later approaches derived from tenets of REBT
- Other approaches
REBT in action!
- Practice the ‘ABCDE’ method
- Video of REBT counseling session
- Video – Rare footage of Albert Ellis, PhD
- Discussion and Q & A’s
Debbie Joffe Ellis, MDAM, is a licensed psychologist (Australia) and mental health counselor (New York), and is affiliated with several major psychological associations and societies – including being a Member of the Australian Psychological Society, and an International Affiliate Member of the American Psychological Association. She has a doctorate in alternative medicine (MDAM) from the Indian Board of Alternative Medicine in affiliation with the World Health Organization, from whom she also received a gold medal (1993) in recognition of her service to the field of alternative and holistic medicine.
Dedicated to her husband, the great pioneering and remarkable psychologist Albert Ellis Ph.D., they worked together for several years giving public presentations and professional trainings on Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), as well as collaborating on writing and research projects, until his death in 2007. She continues to present, practice and write about his groundbreaking approach of REBT.
She currently has a private practice in New York City, and also delivers lectures, workshops and seminars throughout the U.S.A. and across the globe.
Financial: Dr. Debbie Joffe Ellis maintains a private practice. She receives royalties as an author for the American Psychological Association. Dr. Joffe Ellis receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Dr. Debbie Joffe Ellis is a member of the American Psychological Association; and the Australian Psychological Society.