Carla Hedtke – Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy and Patient Self-Help Techniques: Correcting the Perpetuating Factors Behind Chronic Pain
Courses Content :
- Carla Hedtke
- 5 Hours 52 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 01, 2016
|Manual – Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy (16.47 MB)||103 Pages||Available after Purchase|
WHAT IS MYOFASCIAL TRIGGER POINT THERAPY?
- The pioneers and leaders, Janet Travell, MD and Bonnie Prudden
- Myofascial trigger point therapy practice today
THE PROTOCOL OF MYOFASCIAL TRIGGER POINT THERAPY (LAB)
- History and physical
- Pain assessment (pain areas, pain level, and exacerbating factors)
- Identify perpetuating factors
- Chemical imbalances
- Traumatic injuries
EVALUATION AND PRACTICE (LAB)
- Practice postural analysis
- Kraus – Weber minimum muscular fitness test
MORTON’S FOOT: APPROACH FOR CHRONIC PAIN TREATMENT (LAB)
- The foot connection and chronic pain
- The posture and body mechanics connection
- Alternative to traditional orthotics
SELF-CARE TECHNIQUES TO MANAGE PAIN (LAB)
- How to de-activate trigger points (upper and lower body)
- Trigger point compression technique
- Trigger point mapping technique
- Self-care compression technique
- Using self-help tools
- Compression tools
- Conditioning tools
- Sources of heat and cold
- Spray and Stretch
- Everyday preventive and maintenance self-care techniques
Carla Hedtke, BS, MS, LMBT, TPT, CAAPM, CPFT Related seminars and products: 1
CARLA HEDTKE, BS, MS, LMBT, TPT, CAAPM, CPFT, has owned and operated NEW Rehabilitation Services, a private medical practice with locations in Oconto Falls and Green Bay, Wisconsin, for over 20 years. Carla is a Trigger Point Therapist and Licensed Massage & Bodywork Therapist who focuses on the medical treatment of Myofascial Pain and Dysfunction. She utilizes the Dr. Janet Travell and Bonnie Prudden Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy techniques and protocol to resolve pain.
Ms. Hedtke is a Clinical Associate Pain Practitioner through the American Academy of Pain Management, Senora, California; a Certified Personal Fitness Trainer through the World International Training Schools, Virginia Beach, Virginia; and a professional member of the National Association of Myofascial Trigger Point Therapists, IDEA, Certified APMA and ACSM. Carla has presented Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy education seminars, workshops and self-help techniques for healthcare professionals and organizations, wellness retreats, and trigger point patients.
Financial: Carla Hedtke is the owner of New Rehabilitation Services. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Carla Hedtke has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.