Angelica Dizon – Understanding Pathophysiology: Its Direct Impact on Patient Care
Courses Content :
- Angelica Dizon
- Full Day
- Audio and Video
- Dec 12, 2017
|NEW 076955 Manual (16.50 MB)||97 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Endocrine and Metabolic Problems
- Pituitary disorders
- Free radicals — Essential in health, deadly in disease
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Adrenal gland dysfunction
- Addison’s disease
- Implications of hormones
- Thyroid disorders – Mechanism of onset affects treatment
Cardiovascular and Renal Problems
- Starling’s Law – Normal capillary flow
- Heart failure
- Relationship between cardiac diseases and hypertension
- Unraveling hypertension
- Current concept on cardiogenic shock
- Atherosclerosis – The role of inflammation
- Acid-base disorders
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbations
- Obstructive lung diseases affecting the mechanics of lung ventilation
- Sudden death in asthma
- Acute lung failure/ARDS
- Arterial blood gases – Made simple
- Common mechanisms of all types of shock
- The cardinal role of mediators in shock
- Newer therapies based on current pathophysiological understanding
- End points of resuscitation
- What type of shock is this?
The Immune System
- Inflammation – Acute phase response
- Systemic inflammatory response
- Infection – Part of a bigger picture
- Multiple organ dysfunction syndrome
- Stress reaction
- Autoimmune diseases
Angelica Dizon, MD, MSN, MBA-HCM, BSN, RN, NP-C Related seminars and products: 4
Angelica F. Dizon, MD, MSN, MBA-HCM, BSN, RN, NP-C, is a registered nurse and a doctor of medicine with two decades of experience in clinical practice and academic teaching, predominantly in the hospital setting.
Angelica has been well recognized for her past work in medical surgical roles, and has also gained experiences working in home health care and skilled nursing. Most recently, she’s serving as the director of clinical services in one of the leading home healthcare agencies in Maryland.
Her diverse experiences have provided her with a unique patient perspective to facilitate the highest level of patient care – anticipated findings, as well as identification and monitoring of various disease states. Her passion and talent for educating and mentoring other healthcare professionals will make this an event you don’t want to miss!
Financial: Angelica F. Dizon is a faculty member for Radians College. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Angelica F. Dizon has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.