Angelica Dizon – Hands-On Physical Assessment: More Patients, Less Time
Courses Content :
- Angelica Dizon
- Full Day
- Audio and Video
- Apr 21, 2017
|Manual (17.44 MB)||90 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Head-to-Toe Approach – Learn tips, tricks, and tools to conduct a quick and precise head-to-toe assessment
- Assess the patient using the most comprehensive approach
- Evaluate baseline and identify patient status changes
- Devise tips and tools to perform a more efficient exam without missing key clues
- Conduct proper assessment skills – inspection, palpation, percussions, auscultation
Neurological Exam – Mastering the 6-Part components of a Neuro exam in less time
- Unraveling the 6-Part components of a thorough Neurological Examination
- ABCT Components of Mental Status
- Key points and clues of using Confusion Assessment Method (CAM) Instrument and what can be diagnosed as a result
- Evaluate an efficient and accurate assessment of normal vs. abnormal findings for: altered mental status, cranial nerves, motor, sensory, cerebellar functions, reflexes
- Danger Signs for abnormal findings and how to identify diseases by physical examination
- LIVE PARTNER DEMOS: Practice with case studies and proper assessment
- Key clues you can’t miss
- Risk factors, readings, subjective and objective data
- Plan of care
Respiratory Exam – Identifying the different breath sounds and their locations to narrow down diagnosis
- Physical assessment of the respiratory system – key points of normal anatomy to remember
- Identification of normal, abnormal, decreased or absent breath and lung sounds
- Assessment and techniques of Tactile Fremitus, percussion, lung auscultation
- Interpreting what you are hearing and what you should expect to hear:
- Bronchial, Broncho-vesicular, Vesicular Breath Sounds
- Bronchophony, Egophony, Whispered Petroliloquy
- Death Rattle, Absent Breath Sounds
- Learning the adventitious sounds like Crackles, Rhonchi, Stridor, Wheezes and what to do with them
- What Lung Sounds to expect in different disease states
- LIVE PARTNER DEMOS: Practice with sounds: Listen, assess, and learn
Cardiac Exam – Knowing the different murmurs, their presentation, sounds and location to accurately pinpoint the disease process
- Examination of mitral, tricuspid, pulmonary, and aortic
- Auscultation sites, sequencing and skills
- Characteristics of a functional murmur
- How to identify?
- 7-point classification
- When does a murmur become pathologic?
- Strategies for detection of abnormal cardiac sounds
- LIVE PARTNER DEMOS: Practice and learn with examples
Angelica Dizon, MD, MSN, MBA-HCM, BSN, RN, NP-C Related seminars and products: 4
Angelica F. Dizon, MD, MSN, MBA-HCM, BSN, RN, NP-C, is a registered nurse and a doctor of medicine with two decades of experience in clinical practice and academic teaching, predominantly in the hospital setting.
Angelica has been well recognized for her past work in medical surgical roles, and has also gained experiences working in home health care and skilled nursing. Most recently, she’s serving as the director of clinical services in one of the leading home healthcare agencies in Maryland.
Her diverse experiences have provided her with a unique patient perspective to facilitate the highest level of patient care – anticipated findings, as well as identification and monitoring of various disease states. Her passion and talent for educating and mentoring other healthcare professionals will make this an event you don’t want to miss!
Financial: Angelica F. Dizon is a faculty member for Radians College. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Angelica F. Dizon has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.