Andrea Brandt – Mindful Anger: The Art of Transforming a Difficult Emotion into a Powerful Therapeutic Tool
Courses Content :
- Andrea Brandt
- 6 Hours 5 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jul 17, 2018
The Truth About Anger
- Costs of Un-mindful Anger
- A New, Expansive Approach to Dealing with Anger and Trauma
- Processing Anger: Why Anger In Must Become Anger Out
- Benefits of Mindful Anger: How This Volatile Emotion Heals
- Purposes of Anger
Emotional Mindfulness & Body Awareness Skills
- Leverage the Power of Mindfulness
- Use Emotional Mindfulness to Get in Touch with Our Inner World
- Distinguish Sensations from Emotions
- Transmute Anger into Emotional Wisdom
- Overcome Common Obstacles to Mindfulness
The Anatomy of Anger
- Predominant Anger Styles
- Common Triggers to Anger
- Passive Aggressive Behavior
- The Impulse That Precedes the Emotion
- Physical, Mental and Emotional Anger Cues
- The Antidote to Impulsivity
- Faulty Beliefs and Unrealistic Expectation
Strategies for Handling Anger in the Therapeutic Setting
- The Discomfort of Anger: Help Clients Stay in the Window of Tolerance
- Monitor the Client’s Physiology: Tracking the Body
- Facilitate Affect Regulation
- Mobilize Client Resources to Meet the Discomfort of Change
- Stay within Your Own Window of Tolerance
Beneath Anger: Five Steps to Uncovering and healing Childhood Wounds
- How Attachment-Related Issues Lead to Anger
- Step 1: Access Anger through Breath Work
- Step 2: Discover Old Wounds
- Step 3: Mobilize Energy through Telling the “Story”
- Step 4: Provide the Missing Experience
- Step 5: Perform an Emotional Release
Mindful Anger Strategies to Improve Relationships and Self-Esteem
- Develop Resilience through Self-Compassion and Gratitude
- Replace Reactivity with Research-Based Empathy
Andrea Brandt, PhD, MFT is a marriage and family therapist located in Santa Monica, California. Andrea brings over 35 years of clinical experience to the role of individual family therapist, couples counseling, group therapy, and anger management classes.
Dr. Brandt is a recognized expert in treating a full range of emotional issues, including anger & aggression, anxiety & trauma, aging, relationships, work-life balance, workplace, and women’s issues.
In her workshops, patient sessions, and presentations, Dr. Brandt reveals positive paths to emotional health that teach you how to reinvent and empower yourself. She emphasizes the mind-body-heart connection as a key to mental, physical, and emotional wellness.
Upon pioneering a new approach to emotional healing, Dr. Brandt directed her attention to the study of anger management and conflict resolution. In her book 8 Keys to Eliminating Passive-Aggressiveness (W. W. Norton, 2013), Dr. Brandt examines strategies for overcoming a common yet debilitating response mechanism. In her second book, Mindful Anger: A Pathway to Emotional Freedom (W. W. Norton, 2014), Dr. Brandt explored methods to better understand and manage the powerful emotion of anger.
Financial: Andrea Brandt maintains a private practice. She is an author for WW Norton and receives royalties. Dr. Brandt receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Andrea Brandt is a clinical member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT); and of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (CAMFT).